AAA, Budweiser offer free "Tow to Go" service, as a safe alternative to driving impaired
Broadcast Quality B-Roll (click here)
AAA is thankful to team up with Budweiser to offer Floridians a safe alternative to driving impaired this holiday season. Tow to Go is a free service for both AAA Members and non-members, providing transportation for both the driver and their vehicle either home or somewhere safe within a 10 mile radius.
Tow to Go services are available:
- Friday, December 20 — Thursday, January 2 (6 a.m.)
- Visit AAA.com/TowToGo to learn more
According to the latest figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 347 people (nationwide) were killed in traffic crashes during the 2017 Christmas holiday weekend.
- Thirty-eight percent of those involved drunk drivers.
- New Year’s Day
- 973 people (nationwide) were killed in traffic crashes during the 3-day 2017 New Year’s Day holiday weekend
- Thirty-one percent of those involved drunk drivers
“If you plan to party this holiday season, please don’t bring the party on the road," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "With so many alternatives like ride-sharing programs, taxi’s and now ’Tow to Go’, there’s no excuse for getting behind the wheel while impaired. AAA encourages people to have a plan in place to get home safely before your first drink.”
Since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest.
- AAA tow truck transports the vehicle and the driver to a safe location within a 10 mile radius
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members
- Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
- If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out the Great Pretenders Party Guide to learn more.
- Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2019
Tow to Go Service Areas
Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska,
(855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246
Anheuser-Busch and its employees build on a legacy of corporate social responsibility by focusing on three key areas: promoting alcohol responsibility, preserving and protecting the environment and supporting local communities. In the past three decades, Anheuser-Busch and its wholesalers have invested more than $1 billion in preventing drunk driving and underage drinking and promoting responsible retailing and advertising. Anheuser-Busch reduced total water use at its breweries by nearly 50 percent over the last 10 years. The company has been a leading aluminum recycler for more than 30 years. Each year Anheuser-Busch and its Foundation invest approximately $20 million in donations to charitable organizations that help in local communities. The company also has provided over 76 million cans of emergency drinking water to people impacted by natural and other disasters since 1988. Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch, the leading American brewer, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the leading global brewer. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.9 million members across 11 states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 60 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.