AAA will be working to keep impaired drivers off the road this St. Patrick’s Day. The Auto Club Group is reactivating its Tow to Go program for the holiday period, providing safe transportation for impaired drivers and their vehicles.
- Tow to Go is active from 6 p.m. Thursday, March 17 to 6 a.m. Monday, March 21.
- It’s available in select states/locations (see below)
- Should be treated as a last resort
Tow to Go Service Areas
FL, IA, MI, ND, NE, TN, WI, CO (Denver), NC (Charlotte), IN (Fort Wayne/South Bend), and Georgia (excluding Savannah)
(855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246
Over the years, AAA Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from the road. When called, a tow truck transports the would-be impaired driver and their vehicle to a safe location within a 10-mile radius. The service is free, but AAA asks that it be treated as a backup plan.
The North Dakota Sober Ride campaign, also supported by AAA, is another layer of prevention available over the St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Offered as part of North Dakota’s Vision Zero initiative, drivers can get discounted Lyft rides, where available, by using code VZMARCH1. Additional details can be found at www.visionzero.nd.gov.
Approximately one-third of all traffic crash fatalities in the United States involve drunk drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 28 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes every day – that’s one person every 52 minutes.
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members.
- Confidential local ride for one person and their vehicle to a safe location within a 10 miles radius.
- AAA service vehicles are limiting passengers to one (1) per vehicle, in accordance with established COVID-19 safety protocols. Additional passengers need to make other arrangements.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled in advance to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a designated driver before celebrating.
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.