60 Eighth Graders will Win a Free Educational River Cruise of Europe
Media Downloads: B-Roll / Sound Bites / Promotional Video
*NEW FOR MEDIA* - Previous Winner Shares Her Experience (SOTS)
Nebraska 8th graders still have time to enter AAA’s “Discovery Crew” travel contest, where 60 winners will go on a free week-long educational river cruise in Europe.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for many students and we hope they enter the contest before it’s too late,” said Debbie Haas, Vice President of Travel for AAA – The Auto Club Group. “To date, 18 Nebraska students have entered the contest. That means qualified candidates who enter still have a very good chance of winning.”
Students have through the end of the day Friday, September 23rd to enter the contest online at AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew. While there, entrants will be asked to answer three essay questions and submit a travel-inspired selfie. There is no entry fee and you do not have to be a AAA member to win. Winners will be notified beginning in October.
The prize includes:
- Round trip flights to Amsterdam, travel insurance and money for passports.
- A week-long educational river cruise from March 12-19, 2023.
- Each student and their chaperone will fly to Amsterdam, where they will board the AmaWaterways’ AmaLucia ship.
- Each winner will share a private cabin with their parent/guardian.
- The ship will sail from Amsterdam through the Netherlands and Belgium, before returning to Amsterdam.
How to Enter:
- The contest runs from August 23, 2022 – September 23, 2022
- Students must enter online at AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew
- Answer the following three questions in 100 words or less (per question):
- Why do you want to go on this trip?
- How do rivers affect the communities through which they run?
- During the trip, you’ll meet many people. In what ways do you expect the people you meet to be similar to and different from yourself and your friends and family?
- Upload a picture of yourself that showcases your passion for travel and enthusiasm for discovering the Netherlands and Belgium.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 13 years old at the start of the contest.
- Be entering the 8th grade and in good standing.
- Reside in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin, or select areas of Illinois, Indiana, or Minnesota. Visit AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew to confirm eligibility.
- Be willing to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 at the time of the cruise.
*Students are NOT required to be AAA Members or purchase anything to enter.
No purchase necessary. Legal residents of specific zip codes served by The Auto Club Group within the United States who are at least 13 years old and who are 8th grade students in good standing at their school at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Contest ends 9/23/22. For official rules, prize descriptions, and eligible zip codes, visit AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew. Sponsors: The Auto Club Group, 1 Auto Club Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126; AmaWaterways, 4500 Park Granada, Calabasas, CA 91302; and Allianz Global Assistance (a brand of AGA Service Company), 9950 Maryland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 13 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.