AAA/American Red Cross Virtual Blood, Donation Drive May 4 – 9
AAA – The Auto Club Group, Meemic and Fremont employees are pledging support to their local communities by rolling up their sleeves and donating blood to support the American Red Cross’ lifesaving efforts. The American Red Cross is encouraging individuals to keep scheduled blood donation appointments and to make new blood donation appointments for the weeks ahead to ensure a stable supply throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning May 4 through May 9, AAA – The Auto Club Group is joining forces with the American Red Cross for a “Sleeves Up” campaign with a goal of donating 900 pints of blood. AAA members and the public are also encouraged to join in support of this critical effort.
“AAA and the American Red Cross have always answered the call for help in challenging times,” said Heather Drake, Vice President of Government Relations and Public Affairs, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “We encourage our communities to join us as we help ensure that life-saving blood is available to patients in this time of need.”
Blood donations are essential to community health and can still be scheduled in areas where shelter in place orders are in effect. In response to COVID-19, measures have been taken at Red Cross locations to ensure a safe and healthy environment, including social distancing protocols.
In addition to blood donations, AAA is asking its employees, members and the public to support its virtual financial donation drive with the goal of raising $100,000 for the American Red Cross. AAA–The Auto Club Group will match campaign donations up to $50,000.
How to Participate
“Sleeves Up” is a virtual online campaign. To participate or get more information on scheduling an appointment to donate blood or making a financial contribution, go to AAASleevesUp.
- Donate Blood:
- Visit AAASleevesUp
- Pledge to donate blood
- The American Red Cross will locate the donation opportunities near you
- Make an appointment to roll up your sleeves to save lives
- Financial Pledge or Donation: AAA–The Auto Club Group will match donations in the week-long campaign, up to $50,000. Learn more here.
Other COVID-19 Support
In addition to the “Sleeves Up” campaign, AAA – The Auto Club Group has provided special support to communities during the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- Providing $60 million in premium refunds to auto insurance customers. Every policyholder with auto insurance in effect as of April 30, 2020 is receiving a 20% policy refund applied to two months of premium, for April and May.
- Assisting those on the front lines by providing free roadside assistance services to healthcare workers and first responders.
- Utilizing our roadside assistance vehicles and drivers to deliver meals and medical supplies to hospitals and first responders throughout our footprint.
- Donating technology supplies to schools so teachers and children can work and learn from home. ACG also donated Samsung tablets to a hospital so isolated patients can connect with loved ones.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, banking, financial services, and travel offerings to over 13.5 million members across 13 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, South Carolina and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 60 million members in the United States and Canada whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.