Gas prices could decline 25 cents or more
Florida drivers could soon find deep discounts at the gas pump, after crude oil prices were slashed on "Black Friday". The crude price cuts were sparked by concerns about the emergence of a new strain of COVID-19 and the implications it could have on future fuel demand.
Check state and metro gas prices at GasPrices.AAA.com
Friday, the price of U.S. crude dropped 13%, finishing the week 10% lower than the week before. Friday’s closing price of $68.15 per barrel is the lowest daily price since September 9, 2021. During that time, the price of gasoline in Florida was teetering on $3 per gallon.
"Unless oil prices rebound this week, Florida drivers should begin to see significant relief from the pain at the pump," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "The recent drop in futures prices could result in a discount of around 25 cents per gallon or more. But it’d be unusual for that discount to hit the pumps overnight. Gas prices normally rise like a rocket and fall like a feather. So it could take weeks before gas prices fully adjust to this recent
Over the weekend, Florida gas prices averaged $3.34 per gallon. That’s 2 cents less than the 2021 high, $1.15 more than the 2021 low, and 90 cents more than this time in 2019. Before this year, Florida drivers hadn’t seen gas prices this high since September 2014.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.49), Fort Lauderdale ($3.38), Naples ($3.38)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.23), Pensacola ($3.25), Panama City ($3.27)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 14 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.