Florida gas prices remain 20 cents less than last year
Florida gas prices increased 7 cents last week, but declined three pennies in the last three days. The state average for gasoline in Florida is now $2.44 per gallon. Compared to this time last year, drivers are paying 20 cents per gallon less at the pump.
"Although the state average has seesawed since the summer, it has mostly held between $2.40-$2.50 since July," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Drivers could see the state average rise a few pennies this week, based on recent adjustments in the price of wholesale gasoline."
Florida Gas Prices
Sunday - $2.44
Saturday - $2.45
Week ago - $2.40
Month ago - $2.51
Year ago - $2.64
Check today’s gas prices
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.56), Panama City ($2.51), Gainesville ($2.48)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.40), Punta Gorda ($2.40), Orlando ($2.41)
- Florida gas prices averaged $2.45 per gallon in October
- The monthly averages in August and September were also $2.45 per gallon
- The monthly average in October 2018 was 22 cents more
- Stronger U.S. crude oil production and supply levels helped lead to lower fuel prices.
- Crude oil prices in October 2019 averaged nearly $17 per barrel less than in October 2018.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 60 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.