Florida's state average is the 15th-lowest in the nation
Florida gas prices tumbled last week, but could rise again in the coming days. Geopolitical tensions and a potential thaw in the U.S.-China trade war caused crude prices to increase late last week.
- Florida’s average price for gasoline has declined the past 10 consecutive days, for a total discount of 9 cents.
- Florida drivers are paying an average of $2.42 per gallon for regular unleaded.
- Sunday’s state average is 6 cents less than a week ago, 2 cents more than last month, and nearly 40 cents less than this time last year.
- Crude oil finished the week at $54.70 per barrel - an increase of nearly $2 per barrel compared to the week before.
"Drivers saw significant savings at the pump compared to a couple weeks ago," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "However, the state average could potentially rise a nickel by the end of the week, based on recent fluctuations in wholesale gasoline prices. Prices at the pump could rise even higher if the price of crude makes significant gains this week."
- Most expensive metro markets – Panama City ($2.55), West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.55), Gainesville ($2.48)
- Least expensive metro markets – Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.34), Orlando ($2.35), Jacksonville ($2.36)
Florida Vs. Other States
- Florida has the 15th-lowest state average price for regular unleaded gasoline in the U.S.
- Fourth-largest weekly shift in prices at the pump (-7 cents)
- Sixth-largest year-over-year decrease at the pump (-38 cents)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||
|2018 High||Record High|
|National||$2.636||$2.638||$2.654||$2.570||$2.896||$2.895||$2.97 (5/26/2018)||$4.11 (7/17/2008)|
|Florida||$2.416||$2.421||$2.482||$2.407||$2.800||$2.795||$2.92 (5/25/2018)||$4.08 (7/17/2008)|
|Georgia||$2.457||$2.461||$2.502||$2.418||$2.796||$2.735||$2.84 (5/27/2018)||$4.16 (9/15/2008)|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 60 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.