Pump prices are inchinig lower as gulf coast refineries restart operations
Florida gas prices drifted lower last week, declining 2 cents per gallon. The state average is now slightly below $3.00, for the first time this month.
"Gas prices are inching lower as most of the refineries that went offline because of Hurricane Ida are now in restart mode," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Drivers may see another week of similar declines this week after a relatively uneventful week in the futures market."
At nearly $3 a gallon, Florida’s state average price for gasoline is 3 cents less than this year’s high - set on August 5th. It’s 81 cents more than the average price on January 1, 2021; and 83 cents more than this time last year. On this day in 2019, Florida gas prices averaged $2.41 per gallon.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.15), Panama City ($3.09), Fort Lauderdale ($3.04)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.88), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.95), The Villages ($2.95)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Members who enroll between July 1 and August 31, 2021 can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill up. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 14 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.