Florida gas prices are declining again after jumping 13 cents early last week
Florida gas prices are declining again after jumping 13 cents early last week. The state average briefly reached $4.24 per gallon last Tuesday. However, Florida gas prices have since declined a total of 7 cents in the past five days, and that downward trend is likely to continue this week, unless oil prices rebound.
On Sunday, the average price for gasoline in Florida was $4.17 per gallon. That’s 5 cents more than this time last week, 55 cents more than last month, and $1.32 per gallon more than this time last year. The state average is also 68 cents more than what drivers paid before Russia invaded Ukraine.
"Gas prices are drifting lower now that oil prices are declining again," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "The price of oil dropped last week after President Biden announced plans to release 1 million barrels per day from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, in effort to ease global supply concerns. The downward pressure was compounded by news that other countries are considering similar action. The oil price drop could enable gas prices to fall back below $4 a gallon in the next couple of weeks. That is unless something causes oil prices to rebound this week."
The U.S. price of oil dropped 13% last week. Friday’s settlement of $99.27 per barrel was $14.63/b less than the week before. It’s also $24.43 per barrel less than this year’s high of $123.70/b.
Fuel Price Overview
- Sunday’s Florida Avg. - $4.17 per gallon
- Avg. Cost for a Fill-Up - $62.55 for a full tank
- 2022 High - $4.38 per gallon
- 2021 High - $3.36 per gallon
- 2022 U.S. Oil Price High - $123.70 per barrel
- 2021 U.S. Oil Price High - $84.65 per barrel
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($4.34), Fort Lauderdale ($4.24), Miami ($4.23)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.98), Pensacola ($3.98), Panama City ($4.07)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 13 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.