The average cost for a fill-up is nearly $20 less than mid-June
Florida gas prices dropped another 14 cents per gallon, last week. The state average has now declined for nine consecutive weeks, falling a total of $1.24 per gallon since mid-June.
Florida drivers are now paying an average price of $3.65 per gallon. That’s the lowest daily average since March 3, 2022.
It now costs $55 to fill an average-sized 15-gallon tank of gas. That’s nearly $20 less than what drivers paid in mid-June, when pump prices set a new record high of $4.89 per gallon.
"The state average should continue moving lower, likely slipping into the $3.50s by the end of the week," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Oil and gasoline futures regained some strength last week, as analysts believe that falling fuel prices will encourage consumers to drive more."
The U.S. price of oil rose 3% last week. Friday’s closing price of $92.09 per barrel is $3.08/b more than the week before.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.85), Naples ($3.82), Miami ($3.77)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.48), The Villages ($3.50), Panama City ($3.54)
|Gas Price Overview||Oil Price Overview|
Sunday’s Avg. Price - $3.65 per gallon
Cost for a Full Tank - $55 (15 gallons)
2022 High - $4.89 per gallon (June 13, 2022)
2021 High - $3.36 per gallon (Nov. 2021)
Record High - $4.89 per gallon (June 13, 2022
Friday’s U.S. Oil Price - $92.09 per barrel
Previous Week’s Closing Price - $89.01 per barrel
2022 High - $123.70 (Mar. 8, 2022)
2021 High - $84.65 per barrel (Oct. 2021)
Record High - $145.29 per barrel (July 2008)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
- Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
- Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
- Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA’s Gas Cost Calculator.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 13 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.