The state average set a new 2021 high of $3.35 per gallon
TAMPA, Fla., (January 31, 2022) — Gas prices spiked last week, rising an average of 12 cents per gallon in Florida. Drivers are now paying an average price of $3.35, which is just 1 cent less than last year’s high. The 2021 high of $3.36 per gallon was the most expensive daily price since September 2014.
"The effects of rising oil prices are now beginning to be felt at the pump," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Crude oil prices have risen early and often in 2022. The price of crude has already surpassed last year’s highs, driven by ongoing concerns that global oil supplies will struggle to keep up with soaring demand in 2022. Unfortunately for drivers, it doesn’t seem that oil prices will see any significant relief anytime soon. Gas prices may only get more expensive as fuel demand increases because of spring break and summer road trips."
Fuel Price Overview
Sunday’s Florida Average Price - $3.35 per gallon
Avg. Cost for a fill-up - $50.25 for a 15-gallon tank
2022 Fla. Avg. High - $3.35 per gallon (Sunday)
2021 Fla. Avg. High - $3.36 (highest since 2014)
2022 U.S. Oil Price High - $87.35 per barrel
2021 U.S. Oil Price High - $84.65 per barrel
So far this year, the U.S. price for crude oil surged 15%. Wednesday’s daily settlement of $87.35 per barrel was a new 2022 high, and nearly $3 per barrel more than the 2021 high.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.49), Port St. Lucie ($3.38), Naples ($3.38)
- Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.19), Panama City ($3.22), Pensacola ($3.24)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 14 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.