Florida gas prices declined 2 cents last week, as the price of crude set a new 2021 high
Florida gas prices declined another 2 cents last week. The state average has been on a downward trend for the past two weeks; slipping a total of 5 cents since setting a new 2021 high of $3.10 per gallon in mid-September.
"After weeks of declines, gas prices face renewed upward pressure after the price of crude oil rose 3% last week," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Crude prices have remained elevated this year, because unlike the years before the pandemic - where supplies far outpaced demand - the global fuel market has tightened. Many countries reduced fuel production, due to the pandemic, and are now struggling to keep pace with returning demand."
The fuel market is closely watching the planned OPEC+ meeting today. The cartel is meeting to discuss raising oil production. Oil prices rose last week on concerns that the cartel’s planned 400,000 barrel per day increase would not be enough to meet global fuel demand. Now, there are reports that OPEC+ is considering doubling the rate increase.
Last week, the price of US crude oil set a new 2021 high. Friday’s settlement of $75.88 per barrel was $2 more than the week before, and the most expensive daily settlement since October 2018.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.23), Fort Lauderdale ($3.10), Naples ($3.10)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.97), The Villages ($3.00), Jacksonville ($3.00), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($3.00)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 5 cents per gallon when they fill up at Shell. Click here for more information.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About AAA - The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America with more than 14 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking and financial services, travel offerings and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.