Florida gas prices follow fall downward trend
Florida gas prices slipped lower by two cents during the past week. Florida drivers are now paying an average of $2.43 per gallon at the pump. Sunday’s state average is 5 cents less than a week ago and 34 cents less than this time
"Declining gas prices are a common sight as we enter the fall driving season," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "With students back in school, families will take fewer extended road trips, compared to the summer. Also, refineries will soon begin the switch to winter gasoline, which is cheaper to produce than summer fuel. The combination of lower demand and cheaper gas normally leads to downward pressure on prices at the pump."
- Refineries will begin the switch to winter gasoline on September 16. Summer gasoline is more expensive to produce because the EPA requires more additives to reduce smog.
- Oil prices settled at $56.52 per barrel on the NYMEX last Friday - $1.42/b more than the week before
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.54), Panama City ($2.53), Tallahassee ($2.49)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.38), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.38), Jacksonville ($2.39)
- 18th in the nation among states with the lowest daily average gas price ($2.43)
- 20th in the nation for largest weekly pump price change (2 cents)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||
|2018 High||Record High|
|National||$2.562||$2.565||$2.578||$2.684||$2.846||$2.895||$2.97 (5/26/2018)||$4.11 (7/17/2008)|
|Florida||$2.425||$2.429||$2.447||$2.478||$2.766||$2.795||$2.92 (5/25/2018)||$4.08 (7/17/2008)|
|Georgia||$2.385||$2.387||$2.405||$2.553||$2.724||$2.735||$2.84 (5/27/2018)||$4.16 (9/15/2008)|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 59 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.